Ready to elevate your holiday shopping game? Quickly check off your shopping list with these 13 spots close to RISE at Riverfront Crossings and the University of Iowa campus.
Where Do I Find the Best Boutiques?
Iowa City is home to a bunch of amazing boutiques for the fashion-minded friends on your list. Here are some to hit up!
- White Rabbit – This downtown gem features fun clothing and unique gifts – much of it local and handmade.
- Catherine’s Boutique – They call themselves the “cutest store on the planet.” With a huge selection of designer brands, it’s hard to argue.
- The Savvy Boutique – Hunt for designer finds at this boutique consignment shop, which features a wide selection of clothing and accessories.
- Radiant Boutique – You need to book an appointment to shop at this Coralville boutique, but it’s worth it thanks to their unbeatable inventory.
Where to Shop for Outdoors Lovers?
Need some recommendations for those outdoors lovers? These great local shops are a good bet:
- Active Endeavors – Big-name outdoor apparel brands. Running gear. Fishing equipment. Backpacks. Camping gear. And much more. This popular shop has it all.
- Fin & Feather – This family-owned store specializes in camping, hunting, fishing, archery, apparel, paddling, and running gear.
Shopping for Someone Crafty?
Looking for ideas for the creative types on your list? Check out these shops:
- Beadology – With a huge inventory of beads from around the world – including stone, pearl, metal, organic, glass, crystal, and one-of-a-kind flamework beads – this place lives up to its name. Pro tip: Their classes make great experiential gifts!
- Blick Art Materials – Featuring art and craft supplies, unique gifts, and even a custom framing department, this fun store offers endless gift possibilities.
- Home Ec. Workshop – Got a knitter, crocheter, or general crafter on your list? Help them stock up on supplies with gifts from this fiber, fabric, yarn, and craft supply shop.
Want to Give the Gift of Black & Gold?
Spread the University of Iowa love with Hawkeyes swag. The Hawkeye Fan Shop is the official team store. Check it out and give the gift of your school colors.
Shopping for Music & Book Lovers?
Got any music lovers – or, better yet, vinyl fans – on your list? Here are a couple of shops they’d love a gift from:
- Record Collector – This shop specializes in “odd, under recognized, and lesser known” music on vinyl and CD.
- Sweet Livin' Antiques, Arts & Records – Score killer finds from their vast vinyl inventory – and you can even search for some fun antique gems.
- Prairie Lights – If there’s a literature lover in your life, Iowa City’s legendary indie bookstore features three and a half floors of inventory and thousands upon thousands of titles.
Ready to Unwind After All That Shopping?
After a busy day of holiday shopping, retreat to RISE at Riverfront Crossings’ awesome community spaces and unwind. From the club lounge to courtyard deck with fire pits and grilling stations, RISE takes your downtime to new heights.